6.22.2009

...

Every time. Every frick'n time I do this. I post something and then forget about my blog. Don't get me wrong, I like to get ideas out of my head just like anyone else, but damn. Why call it a blog? What the F does "blog" even mean!? Merriam-Webster (My home-boys) had to come up with an entirely new entry because whoever came up with the idea for blogging couldn't use a word that was already in their dictionary! They define it thus: "A Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer ; also : the contents of such a site" Really? Honestly? They couldn't just use "Journal" or "Editorial"? Blog? WTF.

But let's switch gears, shall we?

The next person who says prostitution is a "victimless crime" is going to get a punch in the face from yours truly. You've got to be kidding me. Victimless? DO YOU NOT PAY ATTENTION WHEN PEOPLE ARE SPEAKING? Read a frick'n newspaper from time to time, for Pete's sake. A newspaper in the UK recently reported a sting on a brothel containing victims of Human Trafficking. Hellooooooo, those kids and young women didn't CHOOSE to be there. They were forced. That's the point of trafficking. Even if women choose to be prostitutes they're still victims. They're victims of a society (aka, HUMANS) who blatantly ignored their pain or refused to do anything about it. If you say prostitution is a victimless crime, then you won't mind if I call you a dumbass. Because that is what you are.

Again!

I haven't had time to read (booooo). At all it feels like. I hate that. The Roman author Cicero said, "A room without books is like a body without a soul". I love that. Because it's true. Librarians have it lucky; they get to work in one of the biggest resevoirs of 'souls' in the WORLD: Libraries. The sole purpose of a Library is to provide people with A-More knowledge, and B-A means of escape from reality. NOT DAYCARE. Honestly, how hard is it to watch your kids and make sure they're not running around the stacks?! Put them on a leash if you have to! They make these things now that look like monkeys and various other animals with leashes attatched so the kid can't run away. Normally I'll say "Free the leash kids!" but in a Library, I feel they are necessary. Now, for the most part kids will stay in the kid's area. It's the ones who are adventerous you need to watch out for. For instance: shortly after I had started work one day, there was this little guy, oh probably around 4 years old (super cute with his little mini shoes and outfit) running up and down the aisles until he saw me and my cart. It was like nothing he had ever seen before! He stopped and stared at it, then tried to push it and quickly became frustrated because he didn't see me on the other side stopping him from going anywhere. Upon my telling him "let's not do that" he looked up at me and asked the quintessential kid question: Why? I told him I didn't want him to hurt himself, and so he stood up, gave me a quick defiant look, and then promptly started running again. Where was his mother? In the furthest possible spot away from her child. Ladies and Gentlemen, we're civil servants, not daycare workers. Watch your own damn kids.

Annnd again!

Within the next few days (6/22 or 6/23) I'll be officially an aunt. Yes, I will be Auntie Jess for the first time EVER! The little bugger's gonna pop out and there will be another Moritz running around the world. Let's hope the world can handle one more. Seriously though, between my brother and my sister-in-law they're going to have one good lookin' kid. Smart too. You bet your knickers he's going to be reading by Kindergarten; my siblings are reading fiends. Needless to say we're all excited. One would assume they (being the parents) are even more excited, not to mention scared. Kids are a whole new realm of trouble and fun. They can't help that they're poop machines and they always have that weird smile and gurggle-laugh that makes them so cute while they're filling up. Kind of a weird image, but I've seen it a lot in the last 6 months. Babies are popping out everywhere with no signs of slowing down. And I'm happy about that.

Last time, promise.

If you're a dude, you might as well skip this because it's mostly a chick thing.

Ladies, don't you just LOVE it when you have a really close male friend who "dumps" you when he gets a girlfriend? It's wonderful isn't it. That feeling of rejection from someone whom you thought was your friend. But my favourite part is when you call them out on it and they say "I'm confused..." and wonder why you're upset. It's not like you expect them to ignore their girlfriend, it's just that you want to still be a part of their life because you know that when that girlfriend finally sees how bloody immature that little boy is, she's gonna ditch him so fast it'll make his head spin and he's going to come crawling back wanting you to fix it. Do I sound bitter? Nooooooo, I'm irate. I'm livid. I'm royally pissed off. I'm about to rip his larynx out through his eye socket. I'm a thousand other synonyms for adjectives meaning "angry" in a thousand more languages I don't even know.

And what's worse is that when I try to explain how I'm seeing this situation, he never listens and still gives me that blank "I'm thinking about anything else but this" look. Back in March this whole thing started. All he had to do was listen to something. LISTEN! He didn't even have to DO anything. Just LISTEN to something and then we could get back on track in our friendship. Apparently, I (someone who has known him for 18 f-ing years) didn't mean enough for him to simply LISTEN to something.

When someone who has known you for almost all your life turns their back that easily on you, you start to wonder what's wrong with you. What did you do? There must be something wrong with you. Never them, as it should be. Nothing is wrong with us, the rejected party (most of the time). If I were to sue his ass, I'd only claim nominal damages, mainly because that's all I'd be entitled do, but it's the moral of the thing.

As friends, or especially as Christians in this world we can't afford to simply throw eachother away like that; with such ease and fluidity. There are some people who you just have to let go and that's reality, but when it's someone close enough to you to consider them family, you can't do that without feeling something. When we stop feeling we stop living. We stop existing as humans. When Christians throw eachother away without feeling the pang of sorrow or guilt, what is there to separate us from the non-Christians? The only thing that separates us in the first place is Jesus, and if we don't feel Him, we don't feel anything in the way it was meant to be felt.

Sorry that was kind of a rant turned theology, but you can't ignore the truth. Some people do a really good job of feigning it, and they're idiots; but sometime sooner or later, we all have to stop running.


[Thanks].

No comments: