7.10.2009

Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips.

I have had that song stuck in my head for the past I don't know how many hours, but it's been a long frick'n time. It's a good song though, so I'm not really complaining.

Oh, dear blog...dare I say it? I'm surprised. Delighted and surprised. I have only found a minute number of young personnelle of the male gender who I am aware of that can actually form a coherent sentence. The more of them (men) I meet, the smaller the number seems to get in comparison to the average person.

Well, young men with good grammar, congratulations. You have aquired another member.

Now, I won't go into details because this is the internet and that's just a stupid thing to do, but trust me when I say it surprised me at first, but now it's easier than ever to believe. That's what is so wonderful about it.

[SHIFT]

For some reason people have been popping back into my life without warning. One person in particular I was wondering about because we used to be sort of close-ish. All of the sudden, out of nowhere, he decided we should hang out. Not a problem, it's just weird after this long. So we've started hanging out again a little, and while some things have changed, there are just some things that will never (and I mean never) change.

He's grown up, but has managed to keep that little kid sense of fun about him. He'll make you laugh one second, and then the next give you something to think about for the rest of the night whether you wanted to or not. He'll still be the same goofy kid I know from highschool with the same weird quirks that make him who he is, and he'll always be the one who no matter if I want him to or not, protects me in a brother-ish sort of way.

He might act like he doesn't care, but his friends mean more to him than I think he lets anyone, even himself, know. Finally, his eyes and his smile are definitely the cherry on top. A genuine smile will wrench you from whatever funk you're in and completely change your attitude if only for a moment. At the risk of sounding like a total girl, it's breathtaking.

We've had our spats, but we've both grown up so much in the past two years that it's almost like starting over, but not really. He's still the same goofy kid, and I'm the same person he knew in highschool.

[SHIFT]

I do that a lot...transitions, that is. It seems like my life is one constant transition. Once I get comfortable in a situation, something changes and I have to shift again. Change is inevitable, I get it. Complacency breeds soft people and soft leaders. People who recycle friendships like paper or leaders who don't try to solve new problems in new ways are poison to any society. Change simulates growth. No matter how much it sucks, change will happen. You can fight and fight and fight some more, but it will happen with or without your consent.

[SHIFT]

The world doesn't need us. It just doesn't. I'm not one of those 'we're causing global warming, yadda yadda yadda' kind of people, but I'm pretty sure the world could manage without humans.

I'm learning something very humbling: God doesn't need Christians to spread the Gospel. The Bible says the rocks could do it! We GET to be apart of something so cool as telling people about Jesus, and yet most of us shy away from the everyday opportunities. I'm not perfect; I've done it too. I'm just saying that when you finally start to get your head around the idea that we are privileged to be apart of this, the more you start to realize what an honour it is.

Also, if you're wanting to feel even smaller than you already feel, just look at a picture of a nebula. Particularly the Eagle Nebula. It will blow your mind. We're talking CLOUDS that produce STARS. Yeah, stars = HUGE; nebulae = HUGER.

We think that because we're the only planet thus far that has life on it that we are big shit. WRONG. We are a tiny, insignificant, little dust speck in the eye that is the universe. It's huge, it's dark, it's horrendously beautiful, and we are but a speck. Our galaxy is relatively small compared to some of the others just in our vicinity.

Bee tee dubs, Andromeda, one of our neighboring galaxies, is currently munching on the other galaxy next to us. Mmmm, galactic cannibalism: gotta love it.

[END]

No comments: